The POANG series is the lightest in all of IKEA’s furniture range there are a couple of frames to choose from that have been shaped from Bentwood that has plenty of ‘give’ along with the contoured frame to ensure flexible and buoyant comfort.
Maybe you love your POANG chair so much that even though the covers are worn you don’t want to get rid of it, or maybe you have redecorated and want a chair colour that matches your wall? no problem we have found 219 different colours for you in a range of materials for all POANG chairs and footstools.
Poang Chair Cover Materials
Ikea Poang Chairs come with a Polyester cover as standard, a hard-wearing, durable material that’s easy to clean and will give you many years of service.
If you love your Poang chair, but Polyester doesn’t work for you or your home situation, you can install a Poang cover of a different material.
Before choosing a new Poang cover material, consider the following when choosing a suitable material.
Is Your Chair Vulnerable To Staining?
If you eat and drink in your Poang chair or have children or pets (or both), you should select a stain-resistant material that is easy to clean in case of spillage.
Do You Have Children?
Children are more likely to spill and stain your chair than adults. Therefore, you should consider a wipe-clean material such as leather if you have children.
Do You Have Pets?
Pets love Poang chairs, and although you can train dogs to stay on the floor, you have little to no chance with cats. So if you have a furry friend, select a material that’s easy to remove fur from.
How Much Use Does Your Poang Chair Get?
If you sit in your Poang chair daily, you want a hard-wearing material that will last you a long time.
The Materials & Their Characteristics
- Canvas: – Hard-wearing and durable, scratch and stain resistant, easy to clean and remove animal fur.
- Cotton: A comfortable and durable material, be careful not to stain it as it can be tricky to remove.
- Denim: Very durable, with good stain resistance, easy to clean and remove animal fur.
- Linen: A soft luxurious material that’s cool and comfortable to sit on. It’s thin, therefore not as durable as most other materials and stains easily.
- Leather: Leather is durable, lasts a long time and is stain-proof. Very easy to clean both stains and animal fur fall off with one wipe.
- Microfibre: A durable and stain-resistant material that’s moderate to clean but does accumulate animal fur, which is tricky to remove.
- Nylon: Strong and highly resistant to staining while being straightforward to clean. A good choice for heavy use.
- Velvet: Soft, comfortable, resistant to stains, simple to clean with good fur and scratching resistance.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a smooth yet tough wipe-clean material and a cheaper alternative to leather.